How and where should I report a sewer backup?
If a city resident has a sewer backup problem, he/she should call the Public Works Department at 715-262-5544 first. After 3:30 p.m., Saturday, Sunday, or holidays, the Police Department should be notified at the non-emergency number, 715-262-5512, or call 911. Residents should state that they are reporting a sewer emergency. Backed up sewer lines, line breaks, sewage odors, and overflowing manholes are considered an emergency.

Show All Answers

1. How and where should I report a sewer backup?
2. What causes a sewer backup?
3. How could a sewer backup affect me?
4. What should I do if sewage backs up into my home?
5. If I call the city (715-262-5544), what will they do about a sewer backup onto my property?
6. Will insurance cover any damage to my home or property?
7. What is Illicit Storm Water Runoff?