Prescott Police Department Services

We offer Neighborhood Watch. We will help neighborhoods organize to report suspicious people and activity to us to help fight crime. Please contact Officer Kari Bastien for more information.

We offer free bicycle registration. We will register bicycles for city residents at no cost at the Police Department during regular business hours.

We offer a vacation watch service. Officers will check city residences while residents are on vacation or out of the city. Simply fill out a vacation watch form at the Police Department lobby during regular business hours. 

We offer a free drug disposal service. Prescott area residents are welcomed to drop off unused, expired or unneeded prescription drugs and/or over the counter medicines in our lobby during regular business hours. These drugs and medicines will be disposed of in a safe and environmentally-friendly manner.

Our officers will serve civil court papers and other legal documents on residents of the city. There is a fee for this service. Please contact Administrative Assistant Cheri Johnson at the Police Department during regular business hours for complete information. We can only serve civil court papers inside the corporate limits of the city of Prescott; we cannot serve civil court papers in the townships that surround the city or in other communities.

Questions on all Police Department services should be directed to the business office at the Police Department during regular business hours.

Other Services Available

The Prescott Police Department does not register motor vehicles or take fingerprints for employment or adoption. These services are available to Pierce County residents from the Sheriff's Office in Ellsworth Wis. Please contact the Sheriff's Office on (715) 273-5051 for information.

We do not conduct background investigations for private employment or adoptions. Background investigations are available online from the Wisconsin Department of Justice at their website: There is a fee for this service.

We can not provide copies of driving records from any state. Wisconsin residents may obtain a copy of their Wisconsin driving record from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation at the website: There is a fee for this service.

No services offered by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources are available at the Prescott Police Department. Inquiries for all DNR services should be directed to the DNR Regional Service Center in Baldwin: (715) 684-2914 or their website: DNR servcies include boat, snowmobile and all terrain vehicle registrations, hunter education and safety classes and hunting and fishing licenses. Questions on fishing regulations on the Mississippi and Saint Croix Rivers should be directed to the DNR.